Legal Services privacy notice
Data we collect
- Contact details
- Specific details about your application which may be necessary to process it
The reasons we use your data
- To answer Freedom of Information & Data Protection requests and complaints.
- To monitor Regulation of Investigatory Powers (RIPA) authorisations.
- To provide a land charges service.
- To manage legal cases
- To accept and process applications relating to footpath diversion and stopping up Orders under both the Highways Act 1980 and the Town and County Planning Act 1990
- To accept and process applications relating to temporary road closures under Town Police Clauses Act 1847
Why we are allowed to use your data
The legal basis for processing will be either “processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller” or “processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject” under various UK laws including but not limited to:
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000
- The Data Protection Act 1998
- The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000,
- The Local Land Charges Act of 1975 and Rules of 1977; and
- The following areas of law / common law:
- Local Government
- Judicial Review
Who we can share your data with
- Consultees (statutory or others)
- External legal advisors retained by Wyre Forest District
- Consultants working on behalf of Wyre Forest District Council
- Other local government authorities when working within a Shared Services framework
- Where there are court proceedings, court officials
- Elected councillors where there is a need or requirement to consult with them.
When computers make any decisions about you
When your data gets sent to other countries
For enquiries about this privacy notice and for deletion of data held under consent please email the Legal Department