Temporary jobs in electoral services
In the run up to an election, the Returning Officer for Wyre Forest will need to recruit temporary staff. These temporary posts may be fixed or variable hours for one day or a number of days to be agreed at the relevant time.
You can find a brief description of each job type by clicking on that job below:
- Responsibilities of a Presiding Officer
- Responsibilities of a Poll Clerk
- Responsibilities of a Count Security Officer
- Responsibilities of a Counting Assistant
- Responsibilities of a Casual Electoral Registration Canvasser
If you would like to be considered for one of these positions please apply online using the link below.
Please note that as of 29 February 2008 all new employees will be required to demonstrate their entitlement to work in the UK. For all NEW employees, when you are appointed to a position you will be requested to produce one of the following:
- A valid passport or;
- A full birth certificate issued in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Ireland accompanied by an official document giving the applicants permanent National Insurance Number.
- A residence permit, registration certificate or document certifying or indicating permanent residence.
- Other forms of entitlement may be acceptable, please contact the Election Officer for information or visit GOV UK - visas and immigration.