Wyre Forest’s register of electors (otherwise known as the electoral roll) is a record of everyone who lives within the district and is eligible to vote. You can only vote if your name is on the register of electors.
You are required by law to register, but you do not have to vote on election day (it is your choice).
How to register to vote
- Every individual is responsible for registering themselves.
- You need to provide a few details to register, including your national insurance number and date of birth. This is to make the electoral register more secure.
- Register to vote
- Paper copies of the registration form are available from the Hub
For details on when you will be registered please view rolling registration dates.
Changing address or name
You can change your details online, however, please note you will need your National Insurance Number to hand.
Inspecting the register
Both the full and edited versions of the register of electors can be viewed at the Hub, Green Street, no appointment is necessary.
Register of electors and absent vote list marked copy
Requests must be in writing to Wyre Forest District Council, Democratic Services, Wyre Forest House, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, DY11 7WF for copies and be made within 12 months of the date of the election by:
- Electoral Commission
- Elected representatives
- Local constituency parties
- Registered political parties
- Police forces
- Security agencies
- Government departments
Requests must give details of:
- which marked register or list is required, and
- the purpose for which marked register or list will be used
They can only be used for research purposes within the meaning of Section 33 of the Data Protection Act 1998, for electoral purposes, or for any purposes set out in the regulation that separately gives them a right to receive a copy of the full register of electors.
- Data: £20 administration fee and £1.50 for each 1000 entries or part thereof
- Paper: £10 administration fee and £5.00 for each 1000 entries or part thereof
Removing your details from the open (edited) register
The electoral register lists the names and address of everyone who is registered to vote in public elections. The open register is an extract of electoral register but is not used for public elections. It can be bought by any person, company or organisation.
You can remove your name from the open register by one of the following methods;
- Email email@example.com. You must include your name and address or elector number as we cannot complete your request without these details.
- contact Customer Services
- Write to Electoral Services at
Wyre Forest District Council
Wyre Forest House
You can only remove your own details form the open register. Each individual elector will need to separately request the removal of their own details.
Postal and proxy voting
Anyone can request to vote by post, instead of going to a polling station, providing you appear on the electoral register. Details and more information on postal voting is available on our how to vote by post page.
A proxy vote means that you appoint someone to vote on your behalf if you are unable to get to the polling station on Election Day, providing you appear on the electoral register. More information is available on our voting by proxy information page.
The annual canvass takes place between June and November every year. More information on the annual canvass can be viewed on our annual canvass page.