The ReWyre Initiative and Kidderminster Regeneration Prospectus
The ReWyre Initiative is all about partnership working and bringing together the public, private and voluntary sectors together with the wider community to improve Kidderminster and the Wyre Forest District.
The aim of the Initiative is to promote and develop the exciting prospects of the District and make it an attractive place to live, work, visit and invest.
Read the full 2018 Town Centre Public Realm Improvements – Economic Impact Assessment report.
‘Drawing Inspiration’… A Regeneration Prospectus
The Prospectus aims to highlight the town’s challenges and opportunities to a wide audience from within and outside the area in order to attract support and investment to transform the fortunes of the town… to deliver a renaissance.
It is an ambitious 30 year vision for the future containing projects and initiatives that will be delivered in the short, medium, and long term timescales. It provides a bigger, strategic picture for the town’s development and looks to bring the right people together to make projects happen.
The Prospectus identifies 4 key themes that apply across the whole town:
- Transport – creating a highly accessible town
- Jobs – creating an entrepreneurial and business friendly town
- Homes and Communities – delivering affordable homes and stronger communities
- Design and Environmental Quality – a town that capitalises on its natural and cultural assets
Efforts to address these themes will focus on four main Action Areas which present the majority of the strategic development opportunities. These areas are:
- Town Centre – creating a vibrant, mixed-used centre
- Comberton Hill – making an attractive gateway to the town
- Churchfields – establishing a mixed-use urban village
- Former British Sugar Factor (‘The Beet’) – South Kidderminster Business and Nature Park
Find out more about the 4 rooms conference held in 2011 showcasing 4 key projects set to have a big impact in the District.