Parish councillor role description
All people resident within the Parish
Regular liaison with
Other councillors, local authorities, residents
Period of service
Four years with possible extension.
This is a voluntary position with some expenses able to be paid in certain cases.
Representing the views of all residents within your parish.
- As part of a local council you will have responsibility for running local services which may include: open spaces, play areas, village halls, community car schemes and potentially much more.
- Deciding on how much to raise through the council tax in order to deliver your council’s services.
- Influencing and shaping the long term development policy for the parish, and as part of the planning process, comment on planning applications in the parish.
- Improve the quality of life and the environment in their local area.
- Working to identify issues which are important to the lives of the residents you represent.
- Working to bring about improvements through local projects, lobbying other service providers and working in partnership with other parishes and agencies.