Who is eligible to vote?
- You have to be eighteen years or over
- All British, Commonwealth, Irish and other European Union citizens
- Overseas electors (British citizen living outside the UK register online)
- Members of HM Forces and their spouses (register online)
- Crown servants employed outside the United Kingdom
- European citizens are allowed to vote in European and Local Elections only
- Overseas Electors are allowed to vote in Parliamentary and European Elections only.
Where do I vote?
Your polling card will tell you which polling station you can vote at. View list of polling stations.
How do I vote?
Poll cards are delivered shortly before an election.
Each member of the household who is eligible to vote should receive a poll card which informs them of the date of the election, where their polling station is and the hours of poll. You do not need to take the poll card with you to be able to vote.