Skip to content

Minor Variations to Premises Licences

If you are the holder of a premises licence and you want to make small alterations to the premises licence that will not impact adversely on the licensing objectives, you can apply for a "minor variation" of the licence.

When we receive an application for a minor variation, we must consider whether the changes being proposed could impact adversely on the licensing objectives.

When considering an application, we have to consult with other relevant authorities if there is any doubt about the impact the proposed changes will have on the licensing objectives and we think we need specialist advice.  We will then take the views of these authorities into account in reaching our decision.

Further guidance on minor variations.

More information on variations to premises licences can be found on the GOV.UK website

To help make your application process run more smoothly, Worcestershire Regulatory Services now offers a pre-application assistance service..

Apply online

You can apply online for the minor variation of a premises licence via the GOV.UK website.

Apply by post

You can apply for a minor variation to your premises licence by post to this address:

Licensing, Wyre Forest District Council, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY11 7WF

Application for a minor variation to a premises licence

You should include with your application the existing premises licence, any other relevant documents and the fee of £89.00, made payable to Wyre Forest District Council.

When you have made your application, you then have to advertise it by displaying a public notice at the relevant premises for a period of 10 working days, starting on the working day after the minor variation application was given to us. The public notice must be on white paper of at least A4 size.

Public Notice Template for a Minor Variation

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. If after the 10 working day consultation period has expired and no representations have been made by a responsible authority or other persons, then we will approve the minor variation. If any representations have been received, we have a further five working days to consider them and will decide whether to approve or reject the application. If the minor variation is approved, we will issue a notice outlining the minor variation to the premises licence. We will also issue a new licence to reflect the minor variation.

Website feedback
Was this page useful? Required
We will only contact you regarding this feedback.
Back to top