Skip to content

Designated premises supervisor

Every premises licence that allows a premises to be used for the sale of alcohol must have a designated premises supervisor (DPS).

The DPS must hold a personal licence and should usually be the person that controls the management of the premises on a day-to-day basis.

Because the DPS is specified on the premises licence any changes to the DPS must be properly notified to the licensing authority by the licence holder.

Applying to change the DPS

Apply online

1 – Pay the fee of £23 online via our online payment page. Select ‘Licensing’ and ‘Application to change DPS’ from the ‘Pay For’ drop-down menus. Complete the fields marked with an asterisk (*) and click on ‘Add’ to add the payment to your basket. Complete the required contact details and then click on ‘Pay Now’ to complete card details and finalise payment. You will be sent a receipt by email.

2 – Fill out the application form, making sure that you have completed all the required sections, and sign and date it.

Download an application to vary DPS on a premises licence

3 – Get the new DPS to complete, sign and date the DPS consent form.

Download a DPS Consent Form

3 – Send the completed application form, completed DPS consent form, and receipt to

Apply by post

If you wish to apply by post, you will need to complete this form:

Application to vary DPS on a premises licence

New DPS consent

When you change the DPS from one person to another, the new person needs to give their consent to becoming the DPS for the premises. This can be done using this form:

DPS Consent Form

When completed, both forms and the existing premises licence should be sent, along with the £23 fee (cheques made payable to Wyre Forest District Council), to:

Licensing, Wyre Forest District Council, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY11 7WF

The Police must also receive copies of both forms, and these should be sent to:

West Mercia Police, Kidderminster Police Station, Habberley Road, Kidderminster, DY11 6AN

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. The application may take effect immediately or on a date specified in the application form and revised premises licence and licence summary will be issued to you. If the Chief Officer of Police for the area where the premises is situated is satisfied that the exceptional circumstances of the case are such that granting the application would undermine the crime prevention objective, he must give us a notice within 14 days. We will then hold a hearing to determine the notice given by the police.

Request to be removed as DPS

If you are the DPS specified on a premises licence and you no longer want to be, you must notify us and the holder of the premises licence of this in writing.

Apply online

Request removal as DPS online

By post

Request for DPS to be removed

This notice should then be sent to us at:

Licensing, Wyre Forest District Council, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY11 7WF

You must also send a copy to the holder of the premises licence.

Website feedback
Was this page useful? Required
Yes, I give permission to store and process my data
We will only contact you regarding this feedback.
Back to top