Skip to content

Sex establishments

Sex shops, sex cinemas and sexual entertainment venues

We control all sex establishments operating in the borough. A sex establishment is defined as a sex shop, a sex cinema or a sexual entertainment venue. If you want to operate a sex shop, sex cinema or sexual entertainment venue in our area you need a licence from us to do so.

In order to promote transparency and consistency in the way that we carry out our licensing functions in relation to sex establishments, we have adopted a sex establishment licensing policy. This policy can be made available on request.

Apply by post

To apply for a licence by post you need to complete an application form and send it to:

Licensing, Wyre Forest District Council, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY11 7WF

You can download an application form here:

Sex Establishment application form

The current fees we charge to apply for a sex establishment can be found on our licensing fees and charges page.

Advertising the application

Your application must be advertised by displaying a public notice. The template for public notices is included with the application form available above.

Will tacit consent apply?

No. It is in the public interest that we must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please get in touch

Licensing Surgeries have been temporarily suspended as part of the Council's response to the Covid-19 (coronavirus) outbreak.

In the meantime, if you have a licensing question you can contact us:

By email:

By telephone: 01905 822799

Back to top