Skip to content

Street trading

Street trading is the selling of goods or food in any "street". The term 'street' includes any road, footway or other area to which the public have access without payment (this can include private land). Typical examples of street trading that goes on in the area include selling hot food from vans parked in lay-bys or on industrial estates and selling ice cream from a mobile van.

We recognise that street trading can provide a useful service to people who live in or visit the District. Before you can trade in the street in our area you must get a street trading licence issued by us. If a person trades without a licence then they are committing an offence and can be fined up to £1,000.

We have adopted a policy on street trading, which gives guidance to applicants, officers and councillors on the principles that we will apply when deciding whether or not to grant consent for street trading.

Further information on applying for a street trading licence can be found in the Street Trader Application Pack. 

The application pack includes an application form.

Apply by post

The completed application form and required supporting documents should be sent to:

Licensing, Wyre Forest District Council, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY11 7WF

The current fee to apply for street trading licences can be found on our licensing fees and charges page.

Will tacit consent apply?

No. It is in the public interest that we must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please get in touch.

Website feedback
Was this page useful? Required
Yes, I give permission to store and process my data
We will only contact you regarding this feedback.
Back to top