Skip to content

Transferring a Premises Licence

To transfer a premises licence, either from you to another person or to you from the existing licence holder, you must apply formally to change the licence.

From 6th April 2017 individuals applying to transfer a premises licences to themselves have to submit documentation with their application to demonstrate they have permission to be in the UK and are entitled to undertake work relating to the carrying on of a licensable activity. Applicants may provide clear photocopies or scanned copies of documents, which can either be in black and white or colour, and do not need to be endorsed as a copy of the original. Applicants should not submit original documents.

List of acceptable documents to show entitlement to work

To help make your application process run more smoothly, Worcestershire Regulatory Services now offers a pre-application assistance service..

Apply online

1 – Pay the fee of £23 online via our online payment page.  Select ‘Licensing’ and ‘Application to transfer licence’ from the ‘Pay For’ drop-down menus. Complete the fields marked with an asterisk (*) and click on ‘Add’ to add the payment to your basket. Complete the required contact details and then click on ‘Pay Now’ to complete card details and finalise payment. You will be sent a receipt by email.

2 – Fill out the application form, making sure that you have completed all the required sections, and sign and date it.

Download application to transfer a premises licence.

3 – Get the CURRENT licence holder to complete, sign and date the consent to transfer form.

Download consent of premises licence to transfer the premises licence.

4 – If you are applying as an individual you will need to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK.

5 – Send the completed application form, completed DPS consent form, right to work evidence if required, and receipt to

Apply by post

Download application to transfer a premises licence.

The existing holder of the premises licence must give their consent to transfer the premises licence.

Both of these forms and the existing premises licence must then be sent to the following address, along with the £23.00 fee (cheques made payable to Wyre Forest District Council):

Licensing, Wyre Forest District Council, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY11 7WF

You should also send copies of the forms to:

West Mercia Police, Kidderminster Police Station, Habberley Road, Kidderminster, DY11 6AN

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. The application may take effect immediately or on a date specified in the application form and revised premises licence and licence summary will be issued to you. If the chief officer of police for the area where the premises is situated is satisfied that the exceptional circumstances of the case are such that granting the application would undermine the crime prevention objective, he must give us a notice within 14 days. We will then hold a hearing to determine the notice given by the police.

Website feedback
Was this page useful? Required
Yes, I give permission to store and process my data
We will only contact you regarding this feedback.
Back to top