Skip to content

Local land charge search

What is a Local Land Charges search?

A Local Land Charges Search forms part of the conveyancing process and is carried out to ascertain if there are any matters affecting the property or land, which a prospective purchaser should be aware of. It is designed to protect potential purchasers of property and will tell them about agreements and restrictions which might affect their decision to go ahead with the purchase. We offer a full, authenticated and guaranteed Local Authority Search.

The first part of the search – the LLC1 form - will reveal all the charges registered against the property, for example: Conditional Planning Permissions; Smoke Control Orders; and Tree Preservation Orders. These charges are binding on successive owners of the property or land.

The second part of the search – the CON29 form - will provide other relevant information which is held by the various departments of the Council such as Local Plan information, road adoptions, nearby road schemes and Notices etc. under the Planning Acts.

2022 - 2023

Residential and Commercial searches

Land Charges Fees from 1 April 2022

Fee in respect of one property/parcel of land Fee VAT at 20% Total
LLC1 £27.00 exempt £27.00
Con29 £124.17 £24.83 £149.00
Total £151.17 £24.83 £176.00
Each additional property/parcel of land Fee VAT at 20% Total
LLC1 £27.00 exempt £27.00
Con 29 £19.92 £3.98 £23.90
Total £46.92 £3.98


Con290 Optional Enquiries Questions Fee VAT at 20% Total
Optional enquiries except questions 16, and 22 £22.00 £4.40 £26.40

Question 16 Mineral Consultation - Wyre Forest District Council do not hold this information, please email

Question 22 Commons - Wyre Forest District Council are unable to respond to Q22, please email

A standard search comes with the assurance and insurance that all responses have been investigated and authenticated by the Local Authority and signed by the Proper Officer.

The current turnaround time is 25 working days.

Full search application

Apply online or download application form

Search requests are usually received from the Solicitor or Licensed Conveyancer acting for the purchaser of a property.

Personal search companies and members of the public can inspect records to provide answers to search questions; however these are the responsibility of the searcher and are not covered by the Council's guarantee.

Search forms are available from Legal stationers or use the quick form above.

We cover the area inside the Wyre Forest District Council boundary.

If you do not have access to a suitable plan, telephone our office and we will help you.

Yes, we require an A4 size plan with the property to be searched on clearly outlined in red.

You may wish to consider asking additional questions. These need to be directed to the individual divisions in a separate letter. It is advisable to telephone the division prior to the letter and establish the correct fee required. Technical Support Unit (TSU), Economic Prosperity and Place, Tel: 01562 732506 or email.

From 2006, all planning applications and decisions are available on our Online Planning Applications webpage.

Copies of planning applications prior to 2006 and building control certificates prior to 2012 can be requested by emailing please include the relevant reference number.  Any copies provided will incur a fee in line with the Council's adopted Fees and Charges. Planning Fees

For copies of building control certificates from 2012 onwards please email

Please note copies of building regulation certificates are only available to building owners or their appointed agents and at the discretion of the local authority.  Evidence to provide ownership may be required.

Personal Search is an inspection of the Local Land Charges Register. It will provide you with information similar to that of an LLC1 request but its content is your own responsibility and its accuracy is not guaranteed by the council.


No, please contact:

Severn Trent Searches PO Box 10155 Nottingham NG1 9HQ

Tel: 0115 971 3550


No, information is available from:

The Environment Agency, Upper Severn Area, Midlands Region, Hafren House, Welshpool Road, Shelton, Shrewsbury SY3 8BB

Tel: 01743 272828

A search reply will only relate to the status of the roadways, footways and footpaths named in the property address given in Box B on the CON29 form. If you wish to have information regarding any other roads that abut your property you will need to name them in Box C (subject to a maximum of three additional roads) and clearly mark them on your search plan.

No, you will need to make application to:

Land Registry, Leigh Court, Torrington Avenue, Tile Hill, Coventry, CV4 9XZ.

Tel: 024 7686 0860

The Government has concluded that charging a fee for a personal search of the Local Land Charge Register is incompatible with the Environmental Information Regulations 2004(EIR) and the underlying 2003 EU Directive. Following this conclusion the Government is revoking the current fee by amending the Local Land Charges Rules 1977. The amendment came into force on the 17th August 2010, in light of this decision Wyre Forest District Council has ceased to charge this fee with immediate effect.

In the case that a fee has been wrongly charge by the council, consideration will be given to a refund where a valid and justified claim can be made and substantiated. Each case will depend on its own facts; however Wyre Forest District Council has noted that a search agent who has previously passed on the cost of the fee to its customer might be unjustly enriched by a successful claim for a refund.

Enquires in this regard should be directed in writing to Local Land Charges, Economic Prosperity and Place, Wyre Forest District Council, Wyre Forest House, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, Worcs. DY11 7WF

To contact Land Charges staff either telephone 01562 732713 or 01562 732714 or email us and we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible.

To enable us to maintain standards for our customers, we always welcome feedback at any time.

Website feedback
Was this page useful? Required
We will only contact you regarding this feedback.
Back to top