WFDC logo
Sign up here to receive updates

Housing Benefit

You could get Housing Benefit to help you pay your rent if you’re on a low income. How much you get depends on your income and circumstances and you can apply for Housing Benefit whether you’re unemployed or working.

Benefit Calculator... 

Use our benefit calculator to find out about benefits that you may be entitled to.


Universal Credit

Universal Credit (UC) supports people who are on a low income or out of work.

Universal Credit is being introduced in stages and is being rolled out to some single claimants in the Wyre Forest area now.


Information for Landlords

If you are a landlord or landlady or prospective landlord or landlady wishing to rent out property, you may have tenants entitled to help from us towards paying their rent.


Under Occupancy

The rules regarding Under Occupancy were introduced in 2013. Find out how the changes may affect any benefits that you receive.



Moving Home and Other Changes 

If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit and you are moving home or anything else has changed in your household you must let us know


Discretionary Housing Payments 

Discretionary Housing Payments are payments that we may be able to make to you under certain circumstances to provide additional assistance towards your housing costs.


Benefit Fraud

Benefit fraud is where people claim Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction Scheme and/or Social Security Benefits but have no right to claim it. 



Wyre Forest District Council