Wyre Forest District Council and partners are working to support and offer guidance to all during the cost of living crisis.
We can provide information and advice on many matters including debt and budgeting, rent arrears and housing problems, council tax debt and help with claiming benefits. We will look at all areas of support that may be available to you. Any financial help available from the team will be discretionary and made on an individual basis.
- If you’re experiencing financial difficulties, acting quickly could make a big difference to you. It’s better to deal with financial worries immediately
- Make sure the advice you are given is from an official and trusted source
- Prioritise essential household bills like rent, mortgage, Council Tax, gas and electricity above credit cards and loans - let creditors know you are struggling.
- Let your relevant agency/creditors know you are struggling. You may be able to agree to a temporary reduction on your payments. It is always better to pay a little than nothing
- Help is available, get in touch with the relevant agency as soon as possible.
- If you can’t keep on top of gas and electricity payments, please continue to pay what you can and speak with your supplier.
Help available from us
Help for vulnerable households with the costs of energy, heating, water, food and other essentials.
Help for vulnerable people with immediate short term needs or help to keep independence or reintegrate with the community.
You may be entitled to pay less Council Tax in certain circumstances. You can also request to spread your annual bill over 12 instalments instead of 10.
For more help with housing costs check out our discretionary housing payments scheme.
If you are on a low income you may be entitled to some help towards your bill via the Council Tax Reduction Scheme (CTRS).
If you need further help, you can call us on 01562 732928 or email us at email@example.com and one of our Financial Inclusion Officers will contact you to see what help we can give to you.
See if you are entitled to any help by using an independent free and anonymous benefits calculator.