Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction Scheme guidance
If you live in the Wyre Forest district and want to apply for Housing Benefit or the Council Tax Reduction Scheme, you now have the option to use our online benefit application form.
Please read the following information carefully before you start
- When you first open our benefit form, a short download of special E-form software will occur. This software is needed to enable the special features of the form which makes it as easy as possible to complete.
- Once you have completed the download you can fill in the whole form offline. You don't have to fill it in all in one go and can save an incomplete form on your computer and come back to it later.
- You can move back and forth through the form (see image below) using the forward and back arrows on the left hand side, filling it in at your own pace, and the form will guide you to ensure you only fill in parts that are relevant to your claim. The form checks itself for errors, and highlights anything you have missed. You will also find the help and submit buttons on the left hand side
- Some users have experienced difficulties in downloading or filling out the forms when using Internet Explorer 11. We are currently working to resolve the problem. Using a different browser will allow you to download the form correctly.
- Where we need to see documents from you, the form will give you a customised list of exactly what we need to see. Please supply these documents as quickly as possible
- Extra forms (e.g. for your employer or landlord) can be printed straight away if required.
- When completed you can submit your application directly to us over the internet, so we can start processing your claim.
- To protect your privacy all information on the form is encrypted.