Bulky waste collections
Do you need to dispose of unwanted large household items? Book a collection today and let us get rid of the things you can't.
As a result of the current Government guidance the following changes to bulky services now apply:
- Bulky items must be outside for at least 3 days so we can dispose of them safely (e.g. if you book a Tuesday slot please leave your items outside from Saturday)
- Bulky items must be left at the end of the property (edge of drive or garden)
- Keep your distance from our staff (2 metre social distancing)
- Where possible items are double bagged
Why you should use our bulky waste service
- A trustworthy service, you can feel confident that items are disposed of appropriately, no risk of flytipping coming back to haunt you.
- Save money on skip or trailer hire for the disposal of those one off bigger items.
- Helps keep your car clean and tidy.
- Invest your money into a local council service, where your money will be reinvested into the local area, creating a better environment throughout the district.
- We aim to collect your bulky item within five working days.
Please note the following terms and conditions
- Our team will only take items that have been listed on the booking form
- We are unable to offer a refund for items that were not made available for collection
Social housing tenants please contact your housing association as this service may be provided by them.
|Number of items||Price|
|1 - 2||£30.00|
|3 - 4||£50.00|
If you require 5 or more items collecting please call 01562 732528 for a quote.
Have you received your invoice for a bulky waste collection, you can pay it online.
- Household furniture e.g. tables, chairs, desks, sofas (a three-piece suite is counted as 3 items)
- White goods e.g. refrigerators, freezers and washing machines (please secure the doors)
- Electrical items e.g. cookers, TVs, computers, vacuum cleaners, stereos
- Bed bases and mattresses
- Assorted household refuse that has been boxed or bagged (one man must be able to lift one box or bag at a time and one bag/box = one item)
- Kitchen furniture, including fitted units - each unit counts as an item for collection (Belfast sinks will be charged as a single large item.)
- Carpets and linoleum: make sure it is folded/rolled and tied
- Bathroom suites e.g. bath, washbasin and pedestal (cast iron baths will be charged as a single large item)
- Garden items e.g. small items of furniture, wheelbarrows, lawnmowers, paddling pools, rabbit hutches and slides/swings
- Internal and external doors without glass panels.
- Garden sheds (please break down and specify building material)
- Fence panels (please specify size and material)
- Wood and scrap (please bag or tie together)
- Window frames (specify size and material) (no glass)
- Heavy garden refuse, including soil, bricks and stones etc.
- Containers of fluid: hazardous household chemicals
- Car batteries (these can be taken to your local Household Recycling Centre)
- Car tyres
- Pianos and organs
- Dead animals/pets: please contact a local vet for advice on disposal
- Central heating oil tanks
- Central heating boilers
- Concrete coal bunker
- Fluorescent tubes
- Patio or sliding doors
- Garage doors
- Liquid propane gas bottles
- Oil/water tanks
- Tile fire surrounds
- Window glass
- Fire extinguishers