Skip to content

Too much for the bin or need help?

For more information and tips on reduce and reuse please visit Worcestershire County Council's waste prevention website Let's Waste Less.

If you have an occasional excess of rubbish or recycling you can take it to one of the household recycling sites (tips) or one of the recycling banks in the district.

Do you need an extra recycling bin?

If you regularly have additional recycling you can order an extra recycling bin. You can also leave additional recycling out for collection with your green bin in untied bags or open boxes.

Please note deliveries are taking longer than usual due to the pandemic.

Extra bin

Pull out service (special collection point)

If you are unable to put your bins out for collection due to disability or infirmity and do not have anyone living in the house who can move the bins for you, we offer a pull out service where we will collect and return the bins to an agreed point.

Medical waste

Medical hygiene waste is produced by a non-infectious person and includes:

  • Human waste (faeces), incontinence pads, nappies, sanitary waste, nasal secretions, sputum, urine, vomit & soiled human bedding from a non-infectious source.
  • Medical items of disposable equipment such as gowns, plaster casts etc.

Clinical, medicinal, hazardous or infectious wastes or sharp items such as needles cannot be put in the medical hygiene waste bin. Please note, liquid hygiene waste cannot be sent for disposal to landfill but should be disposed of through the normal sewage system.

The medical hygiene waste bin is collected fortnightly alongside your normal rubbish bin for disposal by incineration at EnviRecover energy from waste facility.

It is recommended that all medical hygiene waste products are double-bagged and tied before placing in the bin.

You can one using our My Wyre Forest online portal or app, or by calling Operational Services on 01562 732528. You will be asked to sign to confirm your need for medical hygiene waste removal. A bin will be issued to your property which should only be used for medical hygiene waste and not for normal household waste.

Cardboard and rigid plastic packaging can be recycled through your green wheelie bin. Full details of what can be recycled can be found on our what goes in which bin webpage.

More information on recycling Nutricia plastics is available on the Nutricia website.

We are unable to recycle PVC and Polystyrene; these should be put in black rubbish bin. Giving sets and feeding tubes can be put in the medical waste bin provided.

If you require an additional green recycling bin this can be ordered at the same time as your medical bin.

We will only contact you regarding this feedback.
Back to top