Bulky waste collections
Do you need to dispose of unwanted large household items? Book a collection today and let us get rid of the things you can't. Why not invest your money into a local council service, where your money will be reinvested into the local area, creating a better environment throughout the district.
Why you should use our bulky waste service
We offer a trustworthy service so you can feel confident that items are disposed of appropriately, with no risk of fly tipping coming back to haunt you. Using our collection service helps to keep your car clean and tidy and saves you money on skip or trailer hire for the disposal of those one off bigger items.
Please note our team will only take items that have been listed on the booking form. We are unable to offer a refund for items that were not made available for collection.
Social housing tenants please contact your housing association as this service may be provided by them.
Please note if on the very rare occasion we have been unable to collect your item(s) on your allocated day please contact us on 01562 732928
Other things you can do with your bulky waste
If your items are in good condition, or you do not want to make use of our bulky waste collection service, then there are other things you can do with them.
Donate to reuse charities
If your items are in good condition then please consider donating them to a local charity or reuse organisation.
- Use the Charity Retail Association website to find a charity shop near you.
- You can also find a list of reuse organisations on Let's Waste Less website.
- Give items away free online by posting on social media pages or visit Freecycle UK's website.
Household recycling centres
Skip hire and house clearance companies
Everyone has a legal 'duty of care' to ensure household or business waste is disposed of correctly. If you need to dispose of household waste, it's important to know you have responsibility for making sure it's done so legally. Whether you hire a company or a 'man with a van' to take away your waste, you must make sure whoever collects your rubbish disposes of it responsibly and legally.
You can be prosecuted even if your waste is fly-tipped by someone else on your behalf, if you cannot prove you took the necessary steps before paying for its disposal. When using skip hire or house clearance companies follow the S.C.R.A.P. code to keep yourself safe from prosecution and to help prevent fly-tipping.
Book and pay for your bulky waste collection
Please note you will be contacted by a member of our team within 24 hours of completing your booking to arrange your collection date. Your items will be collected anytime from 6am until 4.30pm on your allocated collection day.
Please note we are only able to collect items that have been left outside the property with direct public access. Our crews are not able to enter your property, including the rear garden.
If one of your items is a sofa, an armchair with a motorised recliner, or an American style fridge freezer, or you require 5 or more items collecting please call 01562 732528 for a quote.
Have you received your invoice for a bulky waste collection, you can pay it online.
Check what items we can and can't collect
Waste containing persistent organic pollutants (POPs) can be harmful to the environment, wildlife and human health. POPs are poisonous chemical substances that break down slowly and get into food chains as a result. When disposing of waste containing POPs that are above certain concentration limits, the POP content must be destroyed or irreversibly transformed so that it is no longer harmful. Due to this we have updated our collection service as certain items have to be collected separately.
- Household furniture e.g. tables, chairs, desks, sofas (a three-piece suite is counted as 3 items)
- White goods e.g. refrigerators, freezers and washing machines (please secure the doors)
- Electrical items e.g. cookers, TVs, computers, vacuum cleaners, stereos
- Bed bases and mattresses
- Assorted household refuse that has been boxed or bagged (one man must be able to lift one box or bag at a time and one bag/box = one item)
- Kitchen furniture, including fitted units - each unit counts as an item for collection (Belfast sinks will be charged as a single large item.)
- Carpets and linoleum: make sure it is folded/rolled and tied
- Bathroom suites e.g. bath, washbasin and pedestal (cast iron baths will be charged as a single large item)
- Garden items e.g. small items of furniture, wheelbarrows, lawnmowers, paddling pools, rabbit hutches and slides/swings
- Internal and external doors without glass panels.
- Garden sheds (please break down and specify building material)
- Fence panels (please specify size and material)
- Wood and scrap (please bag or tie together)
- Window frames (specify size and material) (no glass)
- Heavy garden refuse, including soil, bricks and stones etc.
- Containers of fluid: hazardous household chemicals
- Car batteries (these can be taken to your local Household Recycling Centre)
- Car tyres (these can be collected but are subject to an increased fee, please contact us for details).
- Pianos and organs: these can be collected by specialist removers who advertise in the Yellow Pages under the heading of piano dealers
- Dead animals/pets: please contact a local vet for advice on disposal
- Central heating oil tanks: please refer to the Yellow Pages for an appropriate contractor to remove the old oil tank for proper disposal
- Central heating boilers
- Concrete coal bunker
- Fluorescent tubes
- Patio or sliding doors
- Garage doors
- Liquid propane gas bottles
- Oil/water tanks
- Tile fire surrounds
- Window glass
- Fire extinguishers: these are not recognised as household waste. Contact a local fire extinguisher retailer (look in the Yellow Pages), who could arrange the disposal, for a small charge.
Please note this list is not comprehensive, contact us if you are unsure on your bulky item collection requirement.
We provide bulky waste collections on selected days in the following areas across the district:
- Kidderminster - Tuesday and Wednesday
- Stourport and Bewdley - Thursday
When a member of our team contacts you, they will book a collection for the next available day at your location.