Skip to content

Report a problem with your bin

Your bin has not been emptied

Find out how to report a collection problem and what we will do.

Damaged bins

If your bin is accidentally damaged we will either replace or repair the bin, this can be subject ot a charge.

Please tell us what the problem is via My Wyre Forest, your request will be reviewed. Please make sure the bin is somewhere accessible for us but not somewhere that would cause an obstruction to road users or neighbours. You can continue to use your bin while you wait for us to come out. We aim to be with you within 4 weeks. We are currently experiencing issues achieving these time frames, we are working hard to resolve this as soon as possible.

Missing/stolen bins

If your bin has gone missing and you have made every effort to find it you can report it using our online portal My Wyre Forest.

We aim to deliver bins within 4 weeks, occasionally we may not be able to meet this time frame but we will continue to collect your rubbish or recycling on your normal day. Rubbish can be left out in up to 3 black bin liners on your collection day, recycling can be left in open bags or boxes (so the crews can empty them in to the lorry). However, you must still notify us that you will be leaving bagsfor the crew to collect. If you have not received your bin within 4 weeks please get in touch using our feedback form and quote your original report number.

Collection of unwanted bins

Please tell us which bin needs collecting via My Wyre Forest and we will arrange for someone to come out to you. Please make sure the bin is somewhere accessible for us but not somewhere that would cause an obstruction to road users or neighbours.

Report a problem with your bin

When you report an issue using our new reporting portal My Wyre Forest you can create an account which will allow you to track the progress of your report. Find out more about My Wyre Forest.

Information for private landlords and social housing landlords

Whether you are an individual or large or small organisation, private or social landlord if you are the registered landlord you are responsible for making sure that

  • The correct allocation of rubbish and recycling bins have been provided for your tenant(s)
  • That the correct bin is used for the type of material being disposed
  • Bin storage areas are kept secure and clear of debris to enable the bins to be emptied

There is a standard bin size allocation provided for all properties. This is based on the size of the property, rather than the number of people in it and is as follows;

  • 140l for rubbish and 140l for recycling for properties of 1 bedroom or less
  • 240l for rubbish and 240l for recycling for properties of 2 bedrooms or more

All bins must only be used for normal household waste and should not include waste from a business. A recycling guide is available. Rubbish bins that contain items not classed as normal household waste will not be emptied.

Bins will only be emptied if the access between the bins and the truck is clear (normally relevant to bins stored in a storage area). If bags of rubbish or bulky items have been left in front or on top of the bins or a car has been parked in front of the bin store we will not be able to empty the bins. Bin lids must be fully closed.

A recycling bin found to be contaminated will not be emptied and it's the responsibility of the landlord to ensure that the contamination is removed for the next scheduled collection.

Where bins have not been emptied by our crew due to the actions of the tenants there will be a re-charge made to return to empty the bin. Landlords may need to clear excess waste from on top of or around the bin or use the councils chargeable bulky waste service before a crew can return to empty the bin(s). Where a recycling bin is contaminated a rubbish collection will need to be sent, also at a cost.

Other problems

If your bin is too large for you, you can request a smaller bin. If you are regularly producing more rubbish or recycling for your bin view our page 'Too much for the bin' for the options available. 

Website feedback
Was this page useful? Required
Yes, I give permission to store and process my data
We will only contact you regarding this feedback.
Back to top