Skip to content

Do I need planning permission?

It depends on what you want to do. Some work is allowed without planning permission, this is called permitted development.

The Planning Portal has interactive guides for householders and businesses to help you identify whether your work would be permitted development. The Common projects page - on the Planning Portal can also help.

Certain buildings and building works are considered by the Department of Communities and Local Government to be exempt from the requirements of the Building Regulations and may also not require planning permission. In such cases you may build without approval under the Building Regulations or submitting a planning application.

We cannot provide pre-application advice on Highway Matters, for information see Highways pre-application advice | Worcestershire County Council

Website feedback
Was this page useful? Required
We will only contact you regarding this feedback.
Back to top