Complaints and dispute resolution procedure
Every hackney carriage operator, driver and private hire operator must operate according to a published complaints and dispute resolution procedure which must be approved by the council.
The complaints procedure must contain details of:
- To whom and under what circumstances the procedure applies
- Who will deal with any complaint together with contact details
- Each step of the procedure giving details of what will happen and what information the complainant can expect
- The time period for each step of the procedure
- Details of what will happen if the complaint cannot be resolved
- Details of what records will be kept and for how long.
The complaints procedure will cover the following areas of potential dispute:
- Fares (overcharging)
- Failure to pick up a fare at the designated place or time
- Inappropriate or rude behaviour by drivers or operators
- Poor service
- Lost luggage/possessions
- Vehicle standards
- Driver standards
- Any form of discrimination
- Damage to goods or passengers
The above is not an exhaustive list and should be used as guidance.
Please note that any complaints which indicate a breach of council conditions must be immediately referred to the council on email@example.com