Bromsgrove | Redditch | Wyre Forest
North Worcestershire Emergency Planning
Severe weather updates and useful contacts
By ensuring you are as prepared as possible for the potential of severe weather you can help to reduce the impact of the weather on you and your family and friends.
- You can report an issue with local roads within Worcestershire, on the Worcestershire County Council website.
- Sign up to The Met Office's national severe weather warning service.
- Conserving water - for tips visit Severn Trent Water
- Preparing for Winter
- Visit GOV UK for information on clearing snow yourself
Don't forget, don't venture on to ice on paddling pools or big puddles or any other water source, the ice may not be thick enough to support you and the water below may be deeper than expected.
If you are concerned about someone sleeping rough you can contact StreetLink on 0300 500 0914.
Road closures and travel
- For more information on road closures visit Worcestershire County Council alerts or visit BBC travel for information on the latest local travel news.
- Advice for driving in adverse weather conditions from GOV.UK
- Visit Worcestershire County Council to find gritting routes and request gritting or grit bins.
- Visit the Met Office website to keep up to date with the latest weather reports.
Stay informed - follow local information sources on social media.
- Wyre Forest District Council
- Redditch Borough Council
- Bromsgrove District Council
- West Mercia Police
- BBC Hereford & Worcs
- Worcestershire County Council
- riverlevel_0000 (Bewdley)
Visit Worcestershire County Council for regular updates on school closures.
Stay tuned to local radio stations for updates and announcements.
Frequencies for radio stations in the area (fm):
- BBC Hereford & Worcester FM - 104, 104.4, 104.6, 94.7, (AM - 738, 1584) or listen live
- Free Radio 96.7, 102.8 or listen live
- Signal 107 107.2 or listen live
- Heart 100.7 or listen live
- BRMB 96.4 or listen live
Please be aware that during times of severe weather some services may be disrupted. We thank you for your understanding, we will always try and keep services going as long as it is safe to do so. Please keep an eye on our social media pages for updates.
Flooding and flood alerts
For details of current Environment Agency flood warnings, warning codes and flood barrier deployment please see read the following;
Affected by flooding?
Call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 for advice if you have been affected by flooding. Alternatively if you have been affected by flooding you can visit our affected by flooding information page.