Bromsgrove | Redditch | Wyre Forest
North Worcestershire Emergency Planning
During and after emergency situations
Being prepared for a disruptive incident can help reduce the effect on your life, reduce the need of support from others and help you support those who are more vulnerable in your community.
This household plan (pdf 80KB) is for you to use at home. It includes sections for you to fill in, which will help you and your family prepare for an emergency.
Before, during and after an incident you will be kept informed of the situation and given updates as regularly as possible. These will come in a number of ways and via a number of means. These include:
All local radio stations will keep residents updated during any major emergency situation. Information is collated by them through members of the public informing them, as well as information being supplied to them by the communication experts from the agencies involved. During an emergency you are advised to keep tuned in.
During major incidents you will find information about the incident and the response from the responding agencies being broadcast on the local and national news channels.
Each of the main responding agencies will use their established Social Media networks where they will provide updates during emergencies as well as daily district updates during non emergency times.
- Wyre Forest District Council on Twitter
- Redditch Borough Council on Twitter
- Bromsgrove District Council on Twitter
- West Mercia Police on Twitter
- BBC Hereford & Worcs on Twitter
- Worcestershire County Council on Twitter
- DaveThroupEA on Twitter
- riverlevel_0000 on Twitter (Bewdley)
- EnvAgency (Environment Agency) on Twitter
- EnvAgencyMids (Environment Agency Midlands) on Twitter