Skip to content

Occasional use notices

The intention behind occasional use notices (OUNs) is to permit licensed betting operators (with the appropriate permission from the Gambling Commission) to take bets at tracks used for short periods, where the event upon at which the betting is to take place is of a temporary, infrequent nature. The OUN removes the need for a betting premises licence for the track in these circumstances. These notices can only be used for eight days or less in a calendar year, and are usually used to allow betting at point-to-point race meetings.


The OUN must be served by the person who is responsible organising the event on the track or by the owner of the track. The notice must be served on us and copied to the police at the following two addresses:

Licensing, Wyre Forest District Council, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY11 7WF

West Mercia Police, Kidderminster Police Station, Habberley Road, Kidderminster, DY11 6AN

Occasional Use Notice application form

The OUN must set out the day on which the betting will take place. OUNs may be given in relation to consecutive days, so long as the overall limit of eight days is not exceeded in the calendar year.

Provided that the OUN will not result in betting facilities being available for more than eight days in a calendar year, there can be no objections raised to an OUN.

You do not have to pay a fee when serving an OUN.

Website feedback
Was this page useful? Required
Yes, I give permission to store and process my data
We will only contact you regarding this feedback.
Back to top