Volunteer and Skills Fair
Find out how you can make a difference and build your skills!
Thursday 17 October 2019
Stourport Civic Hall
10am – 2pm
Pop along to discover a whole host of volunteering and learning opportunities, CV skills workshop and refreshments!
There really is something for everyone to get involved with!
- Give something back to an organisation that has impacted on a person's life, either directly or indirectly
- Make a difference to the lives of others
- Help the environment
- Fell valued and part of a team
- Help others less fortunate or without a voice
- Gain confidence and self-esteem
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Get to know the local community
Volunteering can also be a route to employment, or a chance to try something new which may lead to a career change. It can be a way of:
- Gaining new skills, knowledge or experience
- Developig existing skills and knowledge
- Enhancing a CV
- Improving one's employment propoest
- Gaining an accreditation.
We had more than 40 community volunteering groups come along to our last fair in September 2018, all with their own unique volunteering opportunities.
Community volunteering groups who attended our 2019 Kidderminster Town Hall event are listed below:
|Age UK Bromsgrove, Redditch & Wyre Forest||
|KEMP Hospice||Brinton Park Heritage Fund (Wyre Forest District Council)||Barnardo's - 10:32 Wyre Forest|
The volunteer fair is now full, however, if you would like to be placed on a waiting list should a space become available please register your organisation by complete the form at the bottom of the page. If you have any posters or leaflets that you would like us to display there will be space to do this even if you are not successful in getting a stall this time, please indicate on the form if you wish to do this.
Stall holder waiting list or information display
To apply to go on the waiting list or to display a poster/leaflets please complete the form. Please note, if you wish to display a poster/leaflets you will be contacted to advise where and when to drop them off. Posters should be A4, leaflets limited to a handful only please.
Once registered, your details will be held by our health and sustainability team for the purposes of adminstering the fair and, if you agree, retained so you can be notified of any future volunteering events run by the team.