Skip to content

Minor Variations to a Club Premises Certificate

Minor Variations to a Club Premises Certificate

If a club wants to change their club premises certificate in a way that will not negatively affect the licensing objectives, the club can apply for a ‘minor variation’ of the certificate.

When we receive an application to make a minor variation, we consider whether the proposed changes are likely to have a negative impact on the licensing objectives.

If the impact of the proposed changes is not clear or there is doubt as to their effect, we will consult with other relevant authorities to seek their expert guidance and consider their opinions.

The minor variation will be rejected if the changes to the certificate are considered to have the potential to harm the promotion of the licensing objectives. In this case the changes must be made by a full variation to a Club Premises Certificate.

You can find out more about minor variations by reading our ‘Further guidance on minor variations’.

More general information on licences, certificates, and making applications can be found on the GOV.UK website

To help make your application process run more smoothly, Worcestershire Regulatory Services now offers a pre-application assistance service.

Apply online

  1. Pay the fee of £89 online via our online payment page.
    Select ‘Licensing’ and ‘Application to vary licence (minor)’ from the ‘Pay For’ drop-down menus. Complete the fields marked with an asterisk (*) and click on ‘Add’ to add the payment to your basket. Complete the required contact details and then click on ‘Pay Now’ to complete card details and finalise payment. You will be sent a receipt by email.

  2. Fill out the application form, making sure that you have completed all the required sections, and sign and date it.
    Application for a minor variation to a club premises certificate (pdf 59KB)

  3. If you are changing or adding to the layout of the premises, you must provide a new plan.

  4. A copy of the current certificate should be included with the application. A scan or legible photograph of the certificate will do.

  5. Send the completed application form, current certificate, plan (if needed), and receipt to

Apply by post

Send your application form, the existing club premises certificate, any other relevant documents, and the fee of £89 to:
Licensing, Worcestershire Regulatory Services, Wyre Forest House, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY11 7WF

Advertising the application

You must advertise the application by displaying a public notice at the relevant premises for a period of 10 working days starting on the working day after the minor variation application was given to us. The public notice must be on white paper of at least A4 size.

Download a Public Notice template

Yes. If after the 10 working day consultation period has expired and no representations have been made by a responsible authority or other persons, then we will approve the minor variation. If any representations have been received, we have a further five working days to consider them and will decide whether to approve or reject the application. If the minor variation is approved, we will issue a notice outlining the minor variation to the club premises certificate. We will also issue a new certificate to reflect the minor variation.

Website feedback
Was this page useful? Required
Yes, I give permission to store and process my data
We will only contact you regarding this feedback.
Back to top