What does my Council Tax pay for?

Most of the money for providing services to you comes from central government and other grants. In Wyre Forest, just under £6 million is collected through Council Tax.

We collect your Council Tax but most of it goes to other organisations. We get just 12p in every pound.

Worcestershire County Council

Includes adult social care and children's services. 

Read more information from Worcestershire County Council 

The Police and Crime Commissioner for West Mercia 12%

Information relating to the Council Tax precept is available on the financial information pages of the West Merica PCC website

Wyre Forest District Council 

This year we have increased our share of the bill by 2.39%, if you live in a band D home that's just an extra 10p per week.

Read more on how we spend our share. 

Town/Parish Council

The exact amount will depend on which town or parish you live in. 

Read more about town and parish councils. 

Detailed financial information breakdown

View detailed financial information relating to 2019/20 Council Tax.