Skip to content

Births, deaths, marriages, civil partnerships, and citizenship

From Monday 30th March the registration offices in Worcestershire will be closed to the public.

Registration Services at Worcestershire County Council register all births and deaths in Worcestershire and conduct and register civil marriages and civil partnerships plus non-statutory ceremonies including naming ceremonies and re-affirmation of vows. They also deal with changes of name (Deed Poll) and citizenship ceremonies.

Copy Certificates

Registration Services also provide copy or replacement certificates for births, deaths and marriages held in their registers (1837 – present).

Registering a Birth

To register a birth you will be required to pre-book an appointment with Registration Services at Worcestershire County Council. Those requiring to register a birth in order to make application for benefits are able to do so without registering the birth. Further information can be found at GOV.UK how to claim.

Registering a Death

Update: You should register a death within five days of the date of the death occurring. Regulations were introduced that enables deaths to be registered in a different way. From Wednesday 1 April, informants will be able to book a ‘telephone registration’. A registrar will then call on the chosen date/time to register the death with you. The form for the funeral will then be sent directly to the funeral director to negate collecting it from the.

Getting Married

Information on how to arrange a wedding, civil ceremony, renewal of vows or commitment ceremony is available from Worcestershire County Council registration service.

There are many beautiful churches across the district. The district also boasts a hidden gem in the heart of Bewdley at the museum. The Guildhall at Bewdley Museum is the home of Wyre Forest Heritage Weddings


Information about citizenship ceremonies, nationality checking in Worcestershire can be found on Worcestershire County Council's website. If you want to apply for British Citizenship see the GOV.UK website for full details and to make an application.

We will only contact you regarding this feedback.
Back to top