WFDC logo
Sign up here to receive updates

Alcohol and Entertainment

The Licensing Act 2003 affects anyone who is concerned with:-

  • pubs and nightclubs
  • indoor sporting events
  • off-licences
  • restaurants that serve alcohol
  • businesses offering hot food between 11 pm and 5 am
  • hotels, guest houses and other places that sell alcohol
  • private members' clubs and social clubs
  • theatres and amateur dramatic groups
  • cinemas
  • organisers of occasional entertainment events - "temporary events"

The links below have more information on what you need to know.

Temporary Event Notices

Planning an event that includes licensable activities on unlicensed premises? Notify us at least 10 working days before your event.

Premises Licences

A premises licence is needed if you intend to sell alcohol, provide late night refreshment, or provide certain entertainment from a particular venue. You still need a licence even if the activities are for charity.

Club Premises Certificates

Club Premises Certificates are licences which authorise qualifying clubs to use club premises for qualifying club activities.

Personal Licences

Personal Licences authorise individuals to supply or authorise the supply of alcohol. They are separate from Premises Licences.

New Applications and Licence Variations

Recent applications for new licences and licence variations.

Wyre Forest District Council