Playgrounds and Play Areas
We operate 17 outdoor play areas across the district. These are in parks, recreation grounds and open spaces.
Play areas have a selection from swings, roundabouts, slides, spring mobiles, interactive play units to climbing frames and nets. Larger playgrounds may have a wider selection of equipment. Some of the play equipment in Brinton Park, St George's Park and Springfield Park is designed to replicate some of the actions needed by some extreme sports.
Some of the parks also have Multi Activity Play Areas (MAPAs) for sports like football and basketball.
All formal sites are fenced and we regularly inspect them to ensure that they are safe and all play equipment is functioning properly. Please contact us if you have any concerns, general comments or suggestions.
Play areas in parks
- Riverside Meadows, Stourport-on-Severn
- Riverside Meadows, Bewdley (Northwood Lane side)
- Brinton Park, Kidderminster
- St George's Park, Kidderminster
- Baxter Gardens, Kidderminster
- Springfield Park, Kidderminster
- Queen Elizabeth II Gardens, Bewdley (Informal play area in Orchard)
- White Wickets, Kidderminster
Play areas in other open spaces managed by us:
- Forester Way, Kidderminster
- Heronswood Road (Spennells), Kidderminster
- King George V, Marlpool Lane, Kidderminster
- Willowfield Drive, Kidderminster
- Wyre Hill, Bewdley
- Oakleaf Rise, Far Forest
- Jerusalem Walk, Kidderminster (Teenzone)
- Britannia Gardens, Stourport-on-Severn
- Clensmore, Kidderminster (Natural Play Area)
Other play areas in the area are not owned/managed by us. They may be managed by housing associations or by town councils.