Parking dispensations are permits that are issued to allow vehicles to park within enforced areas such as on yellow lines.
A parking dispensation is only issued when it is absolutely necessary for a vehicle to be parked for longer than permitted or in a restricted area. Reasons for the issue of a parking dispensation may include emergency works, building works and essential renovations where it is necessary to have the vehicle close to the location.
Applications will not be accepted by telephone or email however if you wish to Email the Parking Services Unit or telephone for further information call 01562 732528, between 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
All requests for parking dispensations must be received by 4.00pm at least seven days before the requested period of dispensation. Any request received with less than the seven working days required will not be considered and the parking dispensation will not be issued.
The Parking Services Unit will be in touch within three days of receipt of your completed form. In the event that your application has been refused, a letter of explanation will be provided.
Please be aware that Civil Enforcement Officers will conduct frequent inspections to ensure that the dispensation is necessary. In the event that the dispensation is being misused, it will be cancelled immediately. The vehicle must not be causing an obstruction at any time.
Conditions of use
- Due to traffic sensitive areas, the dispensation permit may not be valid during busy times
- This is not a general dispensation and is only used in respect of the vehicle, periods and purposes shown
- Materials and goods must not be deposited on the footway or carriageway (except to the immediate rear of the vehicle); nor shall they be passed across any part of the footway or carriageway in any manner which may interfere with the safety or pedestrians and/or other vehicles
- The motorist must move the vehicle elsewhere and within the regulations once the purpose stated has been accomplished
- The applicant/driver must move the vehicle if so directed by a Police Officer or an employee of the Parking Services Unit
- The applicant/driver must park safely at all times and not obstruct access to side roads and/or adjacent premises
Please ensure that you allow sufficient time in which to complete your application and to receive a response. Applications must be received at least 7 days in advance.
Applications must be made at least 7 days in advance of requirements and a mobile phone number must be included for the person who will be using the dispensation in the location requested.
You will be contacted regarding payment within three days of submission of your application.