Minutes of the Rock Parish Council Meeting held via Microsoft Team due to the Corona-virus crisis and the fact that everybody should be self-isolating on Monday 29th June 2020 commencing at 7.00pm.
Present: Councillors Richard Williams (Chairman); David Nott; Andrew Croot; Christopher Price; Nick Stones; Colin Thornton; Sandra Woodhouse; Jim Lawson; Sally Watkins; Christine Sankey; Douglas Godwin.
In attendance: Mr S Clee Clerk
Apologies: Councillors Pat Pain, Sue Morris & District Councillors Anna & Roger Coleman
2092 Confirmation of the Minutes:
The minutes of the last meeting held on 30th March 2020 as previously circulated, were approved, and it was agreed they could be signed by the Chairman.
2093 Declaration of Interest for a) The Meeting and b) Any Changes to be notified to the Registers of Interests and Gifts & Hospitality.
- There were none.
- There were none.
2094 Public Participation: No member of the public had contacted any Councillors present or the Clerk to raise any matter on the agenda tonight.
2095 Planning Matters:
006 - 20/0432/HOU Erection of porch at Gladderbrook, Bine Lane, Bliss Gate, Rock
It was RESOLVED to support this application.
2096 County & District Councillor’s Report:
In the absence of our District and County Councillors there were no reports.
2097 Parish Magazine:
Councillor Mr Colin Thornton is writing tonight’s report for the Parish Magazine and Councillor Sally Watkins will write the July report. The Chairman thanked the Clerk for continuing with the weekly briefing notes.
2098 Far Forest Play Area:
The Clerk reported he had read the current guidelines and legislation relating to play areas and open spaces with regards to the Far Forest Play Area. The risk assessment and criteria for daily cleansing of all the equipment was not a practical option for a small parish council such as ours. Larger Councils like Wyre Forest have greater resources and funding options to enable them to open their parks and play areas more easily. It was noted our small park would remain closed for the foreseeable future or until we get back to the “new” normal with less restrictions and regulations to administer.
- Accounts amounting to £8,304.43 as detailed on the expenditure spreadsheet circulated to all councillors prior to the meeting were approved for payment.
- Council approved the Annual Governance Statement for 2019-2020 and Authorized the Chairman & Clerk to sign them accordingly.
- The Council further Approved the Accounting Statements for 2019-2020 and Authorized the Chairman & Clerk to sign them accordingly.
2020 Date of the next Meeting
There being no other business the meeting ended at 20.00pm.
The next meeting will be held on Monday 27 th July 2020 via Microsoft Team Webcast.
27th July 2020
Various items were raised by Councillors for information purposes such as;
- Trees being removed down Lynalls Lane
- Shed at Far Forest Primary School
- Olive Tree off Buckeridge Lane
- Far Forest 30MPH speeding
- WFDC ignoring the PC views on Planning Applications
- TRO Lye Head Road
- Highway Repairs Menith Wood Road
- Don’t dump litter – tosser posters!
- Tuck Shop at Rock
- Village makeover by Worcestershire County Council and bus shelter at Bliss Gate
- Hedgewick Bungalow Far Forest