Rock Green Parish Council is a statutory body working within the local government context and subject to legal procedures, rules and regulations.
The Parish Council recognises the value of appropriately trained members and is committed to ensuring each member is provided with the opportunity to access training to meet their specific needs.
The Parish Council also recognises the value of appropriately trained staff and is committed to ensuring each staff member is provided with the opportunity to access training to meet their specific needs.
To achieve these goals will require the following actions:
- All new members are required to attend induction training within the first twelve months of office.
- All administration staff are required to achieve the level of qualification as appropriate to their position and as required in their employment contract.
- Each parish council member will be asked to identify their training needs annually and notify the Chairman.
- Parish Council members and staff will notify the Chairman of any specific training courses being offered that would support their training needs.
- The Chairman, in consultation with the Executive Officer, will carry out a training audit of members to ensure the identified needs are met.
- 6. An annual budget will be allocated with sufficient funds to provide training support for members and staff; attendance on training courses will require prior approval from the parish council.
- The Parish Council will pay the annual subscription to both the National Association of Local Councils (which incorporates the Worcestershire County Association of Local Councils) and to the Society of Local Council Clerks to enable members and staff to take advantage of the advice, training and support offered.
- The Parish Council will monitor the effectiveness of training on a biennial basis and revise this policy accordingly.
Agreed by Rock Parish Council [date]
Signed, Chairman, Rock Parish Council