Skip to content

Rock Parish Council

Minutes

Meeting date: Monday 26 April 2021

Venue: Virtual meeting (Microsoft Teams) 

Minutes of the Rock Parish Council Meeting held via Microsoft Team due to the Corona-virus crisis and the fact that everybody should be self-isolating on Monday 26 April 2021 commencing at 7.00pm.

Present: Councillors Richard Williams (Chairman) David Nott; Andrew Croot;  Christopher Price;  Jim Lawson; Colin Thornton;  Sandra Woodhouse; Sally Watkins;  Christine Sankey; Nick Stone; Sue Morris; Douglas Godwin.

In attendance: Mr S Clee Clerk;

Apologies: Councillor Pat Pain.

2089 Confirmation of the Minutes:

The minutes of the last meeting held on 29 March 2021 as previously circulated, were approved and signed by the chairman.

2090 Declaration of Interest for a) The Meeting and b) Any Changes to be notified to the Registers of Interests and Gifts & Hospitality.

  1. Councillors Sally Watkins, Sandra Woodhouse and Richard Williams declared an interest as members of the Far Forest Society when Planning Application, No 002 would be discussed later the agenda.
  2. There were none.

2091 Public Participation:

No members of the public were present.

2092 Planning Applications:

  • 001: 21/0241/HOU Conversion of stable building to dependent living accommodation at Housemans, Gorst Hill, Rock.
    It was RESOLVED to recommend approval provided the planning officer conditioned the converted building as integral to the main house and not to be separated or sold separately from the main dwelling.
  • 002: 21/0332/FUL Extension to existing site cabin/office at Far Forest Society, Showground, Rock.
    It was RESOLVED to support this application.
  • 003: 21/0394/FUL Two storey side extensions at 2 Porters Lane off Deasland Lane.
    It was RESOLVED to support this application.
  • 004: 20/0854/S73 Variation to condition No 2 at Treacle Hall, Lye Head Road.
    It was RESOLVED to recommend REFUSAL. Rock PC still believes that this application for a Live Work unit is inappropriate in this situation for all the reasons previously given with the exception of the fact that the land has now been shown to be previously developed land.

    It is to be hoped that, if this application is approved, the conditions, which would be placed under the current system, namely;
    • Removing permitted development rights,
    • The requirement to seek planning permission for any alterations, additions or change of use and
    • The insistence that this remain a Live Work Unit in perpetuity
    • And this will not be voided retrospectively if and when the new plan is accepted.

2093 Correspondence and Update Sheet:

Councillor Ms Sandra Woodhouse agreed to write tonight’s parish council report. Councillor Mrs Pat Pain would be scheduled to write the May report. One councillor mentioned, in Correspondence, the letter sent to all Councillors from Jim Lawson. The Chairman had asked Councillor Colin Thornton to look into the topics mentioned in the letter and report back to Him, the Vice Chair and the past Chairman.

2094 County & District Councillors Report:

In the absence of our councillors there was no reports.

2095 Finances:

  1. Income & Expenditure spreadsheets previously circulated were approved.
  2. Accounts amounting to £8,004.28 as detailed on the expenditure spreadsheet circulated to all councillors prior to the meeting were approved for payment.

2096 Date of the next Meeting

There being no other business the meeting ended at 19.57pm. The next meeting will be held on Monday 24th May 2021. The meeting was most likely to be held in person at the Far Forest Sports Pavilion. This will be our Annual GENERAL MEETING.


Chairman 24 May 2021

 

We will only contact you regarding this feedback.
Back to top