Housing Association (Registered Provider) Properties and New Build Developments

Wyre Forest District Council does not own any housing stock since transferring it to Wyre Forest Community Housing in 2000. All the social housing in the district is owned by Housing Associations that are also known as Registered Providers.

Repairs to Housing Association Properties

If you rent your property from a Housing Association then your Housing Association is responsible for making sure:

  • the structure of your property is kept in good condition – this includes the walls, ceiling, roof and windows
  • gas and electricity appliances work safely

Your housing association will have a published policy setting out the timescales in which it will carry out different types of repairs. 

Your housing association isn’t responsible for all repairs and maintenance. You’re likely to be responsible for things like:

  • fixing a curtain or shower rail
  • getting keys cut if you lose them
  • arranging and paying for any damage you or your visitors have caused in your home to be put right

In the first instance, you should contact your Housing Association to complete any repairs. A list of Housing Associations can be found below.

Working in Partnership

The Council works with its partner Housing Associations to help provide affordable housing - both rented and shared ownership (part rent/part mortgage) -  for people in housing need. We also work with the Homes and Communities Agency who provide funding to Housing Associations to build new homes. In certain circumstances we also provide funding for this purpose.
There is an agreement in place between the Council and its partner Housing Associations which also explains the working arrangements.
View Registered Provider's Partnership Agreement 
We also work with developers to build affordable housing through their Section 106 planning obligations. For more information on what we expect from developers and Registered Providers in terms of affordable housing, please see our Affordable Housing SPD (Supplementary Planning Documents).
Affordable Housing in rural areas is normally reserved for those with a local connection to the Parish. For more information please see our Local Connection Policy  (20K).

 All the social rented properties to let in the District are advertised through Home Choice Plus.

Housing Associations

The list below provides details of all the Housing Associations that operate in Wyre Forest and the numbers are for general enquiries.

Bromford Housing Group

1 Venture Court, Venture Court, Broadlands, Wolverhampton West Mids WV10 6TB
0330 1234 034

The Community Housing Group Ltd

Community House, Stourport Road, Kidderminster DY11 7QE
0800 169 5454

Stonewater (formerly Jepheson)

Jephson House, Hurst Business Park, Narrowboat Way, Brierley Hill. DY5 1UF  
01234 889494 or Website: www.stonewater.org and complete contact us form.

Sanctuary Housing

Sanctuary House, Chamber Court, Castle Street, Worcester WR1 3ZQ
0800 131 3348 / 0300 123 3511

Platform Housing Group (formerly Fortis Living and Waterloo Housing)

Progress House, Midland Road, Worcester WR5 1DU
0333 200 7304

Citizen Housing (formerly WM Housing Group)

Lakeside, 4040 Solihull Parkway, Birmingham B37 7YN
0300 7906 531

Rooftop Housing Group Limited

70 High Street
WR11 4YD
0800 0421 800

Please note, If you have any complaints about your Housing Association you must first contact them to try and resolve the issue using their complaints procedure. If you are still not satisfied then you can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service to investigate your complaint.