Housing association properties
Wyre Forest District Council does not own any housing stock since transferring it to Wyre Forest Community Housing in 2000. All the social housing in the district is owned by Housing Associations that are also known as Registered Providers.
Repairs to Housing Association Properties
If you rent your property from a Housing Association then your Housing Association is responsible for making sure:
- the structure of your property is kept in good condition – this includes the walls, ceiling, roof and windows
- gas and electricity appliances work safely
Your housing association will have a published policy setting out the timescales in which it will carry out different types of repairs.
Your housing association isn’t responsible for all repairs and maintenance. You’re likely to be responsible for things like:
- fixing a curtain or shower rail
- getting keys cut if you lose them
- arranging and paying for any damage you or your visitors have caused in your home to be put right
In the first instance, you should contact your Housing Association to complete any repairs.