Community Leadership Fund
The Community Leadership Fund is for all councillors to have the opportunity to support worthwhile initiatives, projects and activities of their choice.
- Each councillor has been allocated £1000 (one thousand pounds) to support worthwhile initiatives, projects and activities that will benefit their wards. The accountability for decisions rests with individual councillors – they know what best meets the needs of local residents. However as public money is involved, there are some simple conditions to follow. Some of these conditions exist in order to minimise the cost of administering grants paid from the fund and also in order to avoid conflict with the council’s statutory duties.
- The minimum allocation for any organisation is £200. Thus each councillor can support up to five initiatives, projects or activities. The council cannot afford the cost of administering large numbers of small payments.
- Councillors can work with other councillors to pool their grants – for example, three councillors might each choose to allocate £200, £500 or £1000 to the same organisation.
- Allocations do not have to be to an organisation located in the councillor’s ward but the organisation does have to be located in Wyre Forest. The councillor will know best whether an activity, project or initiative undertaken elsewhere in Wyre Forest will nevertheless be of benefit to local residents.
- Organisations should have a clear legal identity. We do not require any evidence of the nature of the organisation if it is a registered charity or statutory body (such as town and parish councils or the Kidderminster Charter Trustees). In the case of organisations which are not charities or statutory bodies, evidence of incorporation will be required, such as registration as a company or articles of association / constitution for an unincorporated body (such as a community group). It is the councillor’s responsibility to ensure that the council is provided with a copy of these documents where relevant – no payment of grant will be made without them.
- Payments will be made by BACS only which means that we need to know the sort code, account name and account number of the organisation. A written receipt signed by the treasurer or other appropriate office holder of the organisation will be required.
- Grants cannot be given for the following purposes:
- to individual members of the public;
- to organisations that are or may be perceived to be political parties or whose principal role is to undertake political campaigning, including campaigning against agreed policies and priorities of Wyre Forest District Council;
- to organisations of a religious character where the grant would be, or would reasonably be perceived to be, for promoting the religion. For example, grants could not be given for a youth camp for members of a chapel or to improve a church building. Churches and other religious organisations are eligible for grants for activities that are demonstrably for the benefit of the wider community, such as running a shelter for homeless people or organising an updated community games event or street party which will be open to all local residents;
- to organisations which promote or are perceived to promote criminal behaviour, including terrorism;
- to organisations whose policies (including membership policies) discriminate against people on grounds of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Single sex organisations are not therefore eligible for support.
This years allocations are below.
Councillors received £1000 for 2020/21
|Councillor||Date||Organisation||Supplier ID||Amount||Remaining funds left to spend|
|Ballinger, Graham||13/07/2020||Wyre Forest Dial A Ride||10027||£200.00|
|Ballinger, Graham||13/07/2020||Franche Sports and Social Club||55072||£226.25|
|Ballinger, Graham||20/08/2020||Habberley Estate Tenants Association||55094||£200.00|
|Ballinger, Graham||05/10/2020||Kidderminster & District Youth Trust||53563||£200.00||£173.75|
|Barnett, Claire||09/10/2020||Stourport Town Council||2687||£300.00||£700.00|
|Caufield, Vicky||06/07/2020||Wyrre Forest School - holiday club||53256||£200.00|
|Caufield, Vicky||07/07/2020||Greatfield Small Animal Rescue||55057||£200.00||£200.00|
|Coleman, Anna||27/04/2020||Rock Parish Council||43716||£200.00||£800.00|
|Coleman, Anna||23/07/2020||Upper Arley Parish Council||10930||£200.00|
|Coleman, Anna||23/07/2020||Bewdley Town Council||11965||£600.00||£0.00|
|Coleman, Roger||30/04/2020||Severn Area Rescue Association||50313||£200.00||£800.00|
|Coleman, Roger||23/07/2020||Bewdley Town Council||10930||£400.00|
|Coleman, Roger||23/07/2020||Rock Parish Council||11965||£200.00|
|Coleman, Roger||24/07/2020||Upper Arley Parish Council||43716||£200.00||£0.00|
|Dawes, Bernice||01/10/2020||Stourport Town Council - Christmas lights||12687||£250.00|
|Dawes, Bernice||01/10/2020||Stourport Town Council - paddling pools||12687||£250.00||£500.00|
|Griffiths, Susie||04/05/2020||Franche Community Church||40740||£200.00||£373.75|
|Griffiths, Susie||16/06/2020||Worth Unlimted Kidderminster||54982||£200.00|
|Griffiths, Susie||23/07/2020||Franche Sports and SOcial Club||55072||£173.75||£0.00|
|Hardiman, Ian||16/06/2020||Chaddesley Parish Council||53568||£200.00|
|Hardiman, Ian||23/07/2020||Stone Parish Council||82108||£200.00||£600.00|
|Hart, Marcus||07/07/2020||Chaddesley Parish Council||53568||£200.00|
|Hart, Marcus||09/09/2020||Broome Parish Council||11665||£200.00||£600.00|
|Henderson, Ken||01/10/2020||Stouport Town Council - Christmas lights||12687||£500.00|
|Henderson, Ken||01/10/2020||The Civic Group||51470||£500.00||£0|
|Jones, Lisa||04/09/2020||Stone Parish Council||82108||£200.00|
|Jones, Lisa||04/09/2020||Chaddesley Corbett Parish Council||55109||£200.00||£600.00|
|L'Hullier, Anna||20/08/2020||Friends of franche and Habberley||54936||£1000.00||£0.00|
|Rayner, Mary||07/07/2020||Greatfield Small Animal Rescue||55057||£150.00||£350.00|
|Whitehouse, Leigh||16/04/2020||Midlands Air Ambulance||55000||£300.00|
|Whitehouse, Leigh||20/08/2020||Habberley Estate Tenants Association||55094||£200.00|
|Young, Peter||02/06/2020||Horsefair and Proud||53953||£200.00|
|Young, Peter||20/08/2020||Friends of Springfield Park||53578||£200.00||£200.00|
Stourport Town Council