Publication scheme 'What our priorities are and how we are doing'
Our corporate plan 2021 - 2023
Wyre Forest is a network of thriving and confident communities which minimise their impact on the environment, where people have a decent and affordable home, feel safe and enjoy a good quality of life.
- A safe, clean and green living environment
- Supporting a successful local economy
Our strategic actions
- Adopt the new Local Plan
- Implement measures to increase affordable housing
- Work with partners to protect our environment, to address air quality issues and to help to tackle climate change
- Work with partners to secure external funding and investment to support the economy
- Oversee regeneration of central Kidderminster including Future High Streets projects
- Support the visitor economy in Stourport-on-Severn and Bewdley
- Work with partners to tackle abuse of vulnerable people and environmental crimes
- Work with town and parish councils so that they have local control over assets and services
- Establish Bewdley Museum as a self standing charity
Within the council, everything staff and councillors do is underpinned by our values.
- We are honest, say what we mean and are always courteous
- We challenge others' ideas constructively and respect decisions once made
Invest in our workforce
- We identify what skills are needed and develop our employees
- We understand our development is a shared responsibility and give ourselves time to learn
- We work together and openly help each other
- We encourage a supportive environment