Stone Parish Council
Tuesday 10 May 2022 7pm
Stone Parish Rooms
Councillors Mrs Pauline Hill (Chairman), Mr Derek Killingworth, Mrs Hilary Baxter & Mrs Jane Lacy.
Mr S Clee (Clerk), Bill Waldron Lengthsman, District Councillor Lisa Jones, Mr John Aston & Mr Douglas Hine.
Councillor Fiona Lawson Hughes.
363 ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN:
Councillor Mrs Pauline Hill was elected Chairman for the 2022-2023 municipal year and duly made and signed the declaration of acceptance of office. Councillor Derek Killingworth was elected Vice-Chairman.
364 Co-option to vacant seat(s)
Following advertising around the Parish there was two interested applicants for the vacant councillor positions. Following a debate, it was unanimously agreed to co-opt both applicants. Mr John Cedric Aston & Mr Douglas Peter Hine both duly made and signed the declaration of acceptance of office.
365 Confirmation of the Minutes:
The minutes of the last meeting held on 8th March 2022 as previously circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman.
366 Declaration of Interest for a) The Meeting and b) Any Changes to be notified to the Registers of Interests and Gifts & Hospitality.
- a) None declared. b) There were none.
367 Planning Matters:
The Council noted the current list of Planning Applications approved and pending by WFDC. Members considered planning application No 22/0334/PNR for the change of use of an agricultural building into residential use at Shenstone House Farm, Podmore Lane, Shenstone. Council resolved to support the application.
368 Correspondence & Progress Reports:
There were no items to consider which had not been previously reported via our email exchange.
369 County & District Reports:
Council noted the written reports from County Cllr Hart which had been emailed prior to the meeting. Cllr Mrs Jones had also circulated a written report and was happy to clarify any points contained within that report if necessary. The Chairman thanked Cllr Jones for her attendance and support towards the Parish Council.
370 NALC Paper:
Councillor Killingworth spoke to the previously circulated NALC paper relating to additional support being offered to smaller parishes. He said if any Councillor had any suggestions to please email the CEO at CALC or himself and he would take their ideas forward.
371 Shenstone Speeding:
Councillor Mrs Lacy spoke about the correspondence received from Mrs S Wheldon regarding two recent accidents on the A450 outside her property. It was noted County Councillor Hart had previously offered to part fund an additional VAS Speed Sign. Following a discussion, the Clerk reminded everyone present that we were addressing the spending issues through Shenstone in various ways.
Firstly, the Village Gateways have recently been cleansed and have been restored to their brilliant white visibility as you enter the 40MPH Speed Limits. Secondly the Parish Council at its last meeting had asked West Mercia Police to carryout regular targeted speed enforcement checks within the speed limits at Shenstone and it was RESOLVED that the Parish Council made this action one of their three priorities over the next 6 months. Finally, it was agreed we would look at purchasing an additional VAS dedicated for the A450 and Shenstone taking up Councillors Harts very kind offer of funding.
372 Appointment to Outside Bodies:
- Trustee to St Mary’s PCC – Councillor Fiona Lawson Hughes.
- West Mercia Police Contact – Councillor Jane Lacy.
- CALC Representative(s) Chairman & Vice Chairman
- It was noted the Bank Balance currently stands at £26,689.61 (Current Ac) and £5,005.49 (Reserve Ac).
- Accounts amounting to £3,281.73 made retrospectively were approved.
- The Council noted the current Income & Expenditure Spreadsheets circulated with the agenda to date.
- Council approved the Annual Governance Statement for 2021-2022 and Authorised the Chairman & Clerk to sign them accordingly.
- The Council further Approved the Accounting Statements for 2021-2022 and Authorised the Chairman & Clerk to sign them accordingly.
- Council approved the Clerk & Chairman complete the Annual Accounts for 2021-2022 in accordance with Messrs P K Littlejohn requirements.
- Council approved Mr Peter Phillips being appointed as our internal auditor for 2022-2023 municipal year.
374 Date of the next Meeting:
There being no other business the meeting ended at 19.45pm. The next meeting will take place on Tuesday 12th July 2022 at Stone Parish Rooms.
Chairman 12th July 2022