Notice of proposals
The Wyre Forest District Council (Off Street Parking Places) Order 2020
Notice is hereby given that the Wyre Forest District Council (“the Council”) in exercise of its
powers under Section 32 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and of all other enabling
powers proposes to make the above Order. The effect of the Order shall be:
- To revoke the current Order and reinstate those provisions save for the amendments proposed and re-enact those provisions without any change of substance other than as set out in this notice;
- To simplify banding charging structure and implement a five band structure of £1 for 1 hour, £2 for 2 hours, £3 for 3 hours, £5 for up to 24 hours and £10 for up to 48 hours for all car parks.
- To end one hour free parking on all car parks.
- To extend the charging period on all car parks to 9.00 pm.
- To introduce a seasonal increase in charges in car parks in Bewdley and Stourport on Severn between April and October (inclusive) of £4 for 3 hours and £6 for up to 24 hours.
- To simplify the season ticket system by abolishing the senior citizen 6 months season ticket as well as all restricted season tickets (with the exception of the Bromsgrove Street scheme) and implementing the following season ticket and charging structure: Wyre Forest 12m season ticket for £333.33 ex. VAT, Wyre Forest 6m season ticket for £208.33 ex. VAT, Wyre Forest 1m for £37.50 ex. VAT, Senior Citizen 12m for £145.83 ex. VAT, and Bromsgrove Street Value Season Ticket, 12 months for £250.00 ex. VAT, 6 months for £141.67 ex. VAT and 1 month for £30.00 ex. VAT.
- To add to the Order a new car park located on the site of the former office building known as the Crown House, Kidderminster.
A copy of the Order, plans showing the land affected and a statement of the Council’s reasons for making the Order can be inspected between 09:00 and 16:30 Monday to Friday at Wyre Forest House, Kidderminster and The Hub at Green Street, Kidderminster, and on the Council’s website. If you wish to object to this Order, the objection together with the grounds for making it must be made in writing to the Solicitor to the Council, Wyre Forest District Council, Wyre Forest House, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, DY11 7WF not later than 13 February 2020.
Dated the 23 January 2020