2021 Elections - Thursday 6 May 2021
Candidates' packs for the forthcoming Town & Parish Council Elections have been sent out to attendees of the Candidates and Party Agents briefing.
The number of councillors to be elected is indicated below.
No. of seats
Bewdley Town Council
The pack contains the following items:
1. Key points for Candidates
2. Candidates Telephone/Email/Spouse details contact Form for completion
3. Election Timetable, containing all the key dates
4. Nomination Form, Consent to Nomination Form and associated legislation, Political Party Certificate of Authority and Emblem Request Forms
5. Notice of Withdrawal Form
6. Request for Electoral Register Form
7. Request for Absent Vote List Form
8. List of Polling Stations
9a. Link to mapping website
9b. Polling Station Curtilage maps
10. Programme of Postal Vote Opening Sessions
11. Appointment of Postal Vote Agents Form
12. Appointment of Polling Agents Form
13. Appointment of Counting Agents Form
14. Declaration of Secrecy – Postal Voting
15. Declaration of Secrecy – The Poll
16. Declaration of Secrecy – The Count
17. Factsheet for Candidates – Election material and imprints
18a.Electoral Commission and Local Guidance on Tellers
18b. Electoral Commission Tellers dos and don’ts
19. WFDC tellers dos and don’ts
20. Electoral Commission Guidance for Candidates on ‘The Campaign’
21. Electoral Commission Code of Conduct for Campaigners: electoral registration, postal voting, proxy voting and polling stations
22. Electoral Commission examples of Doubtful Ballot Papers (1 seat ward)
23a.Candidate Spending Return
23b. Candidate spending declaration return
23c. Agent spending declaration return
23d. Electoral Commission Spending explanatory notes
24. Candidate Spending Limit
25. Copy of Candidates and Agents Briefing Powerpoint Presentation
Please read through each document and note that to be a candidate at the above election, the nomination form and consent to nomination form must be delivered in person to the Returning Officer, Wyre Forest House, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, Worcestershire DY11 7WF by 4.00pm on Thursday 8 April 2021. This deadline is absolute and cannot be extended. We strongly advise you to book an appointment as far as possible in advance of the close of nomination deadline.
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the Returning Officer or a member of staff in the Elections Team on 01562 732733 or 01562 732762.
Any other information can be found on the Electoral Commission website for local elections in England.