Parks - Do's and Don'ts
We often get asked what people can do/bring onto our parks. To ensure the enjoyment of these areas for everyone please abide by the following notes and rules:
- Dogs are welcome at all our parks, however they must be kept out of all fenced/enclosed children’s play areas, splash pads and water play areas. We do ask that you keep your dog under control, and clear up any mess.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead in Kidderminster Cemetery and Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Gardens. View Dog Control PSPO. We have a zero tolerance policy for those who allow their dogs to foul and do not clean up after them. If you see someone allowing their dog to foul please report it to us.
- Dogs that are out of control should be reported to the Police.
Picnics and Leisure Activities
- Please dispose of your litter in the bins provided at our parks or take it home with you.
- No fires or BBQs are allowed on any of our parks. Please report all fires to the fire brigade.
- Shooting, trapping and any other form of hunting activity is illegal and legal proceeding will be pursued against anyone engaged in such activities.
- You are not permitted to operate remote control vehicles on the parks.
- Camera Drones are not permitted on any of the parks
- Kite flying is welcome but please be advised of over head high voltage power lines.
- You are not permitted to erect any structure such as a tent, even for short periods, without prior consent.
- If you wish to use a park for an event such as orienteering or children’s parties, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- We would ask that you could keep noise levels to a minimum first thing in the morning and after dusk. In much of the same way as you would expect people to behave in your street.
- Our parks are for all to enjoy so we ask all visitors to help keep them that way by not operating musical amplification equipment or letting off fireworks etc.
Health and Safety
- Please report any fires to the fire brigade.
- Unfortunately, our health and safety policy requires staff to ask people not to indulge in the construction of rope swings, partake in tree climbing, swimming in the water bodies or accessing onto any ice.
- Do not take any flowers, plants or other wildlife from the parks in many cases this will be illegal and leave you open to criminal prosecution.
- You are not permitted to use the parks to sell or conduct commercial activities.
- Sky and Chinese Lanterns and balloon releases are not permitted on any of the parks. To find an enviromentally alternative to balloons please visit Balloons Blow website.