Our vehicle workshop based at Green Street Depot, Kidderminster, can provide an independent MOT test for cars and light vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes.
Our team of experienced mechanics carry out an independent check on your vehicle, but do not carry out any of the required repairs. If your vehicle fails, then you will only be notified of what repairs are necessary to pass the retest, which is free (within 10 working days).
Due to the coronavirus pandemic restrictions and COVID-19 secure practices have been introduced, these are as follows;
- Customers must not attend if showing any Covid-19 symptoms.
- Customers must follow the Governments social distancing guidelines.
- Customer must make a booking prior to presenting their vehicle for MOT
- Currently only 2 x booking slots available from Tuesday to Friday
- 9am - 10.30am
- 11am -12.30pm
- Contactless card payments only accepted.
- Customers should arrive at their allotted time to prevent waiting and therefore a knock on effect with other MOT’s – If the customer is late then the test may not take place.
- It is good hygiene practice for the customer to sanitise the interior of their vehicle prior to presenting it for MOT.
- On arrival, customers must leave their vehicle in the yellow hatched area to the rear of the council building and wait outside, there is no specific waiting area, however the test can be viewed from outside if they choose.
- The MOT tester will inform the customer that the vehicle will remain outside for approx. 15 minutes with all the windows opened.
- Prior to the tester accessing the vehicle they will inform the customer that the vehicle will be cleaned following their vehicle sanitisation checklist.
- Should the customer not comply with this procedure the test may not take place.
- Prior to commencing the MOT, the tester will ensure that they are fitted with the correct PPE.
- The tester will use hand gel and cleaning supplies, including seat coverings and floor mats.
Our MOT centre is located at:
Green Street Depot
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, your sense smell or taste