Summary of car parking income 2008/09 to 2018/19
Important notes relating to transparency
- The Council does not make a profit (however defined) from the fine income generated by their Enforcement activities (On-street or Off Street).
- The proceeds from the Councils Off-Street car parking activities is used to heavily subsidise their Enforcement activity.
- The net proceeds from both combined activities is used in accordance with the application directives as defined within the Road Traffic act 1984 Section 55
(a) Meeting all or part of the cost of the provision and maintenance by the Council of Off-Street parking accommodation
(b) The purposes of Environmental improvement of the Council's area:
- reducing environmental pollution
- improving or maintaining the appearance or amenity of:
- A road or land in the vicinity
- Open land or water to which the general public has access
(c) The provision of outdoor recreational facilities available to the general public without charge.
|Year||Gross income -|
parking and enforcement
|Expenditure||Net position combined|
|Year||Highways cleansing||Capital surface - meters||Highways - verges||Playgrounds (not covered by S106 grants)||Street furniture||Total cost|
Number of controlled parking spaces
The number of controlled parking spaces is 1571
We also have two car parks which have unmarked bays with an estimated spaces figure of 330
Total number of controlled parking spaces: 1901