Wyre Forest’s register of electors (otherwise known as the electoral roll) is a record of everyone who lives within the district and is eligible to vote. You can only vote if your name is on the register of electors.
You are required by law to register, but you do not have to vote on election day (it is your choice).
How to register to vote
- Every individual is responsible for registering themselves.
- You need to provide a few details to register, including your national insurance number and date of birth. This is to make the electoral register more secure.
- Register to vote
- Paper copies of the registration form are available from the customer service centre in Kidderminster
For details on when you will be registered please view rolling registration dates.
Changing address or name
You can change your details online. You will need your National Insurance Number.
Inspecting the register
You can view the full electoral register at the customer service centre in Kidderminster, no appointment is necessary. The open (edited) register is also available at Kidderminster Library.
The electoral register lists the names and address of everyone who is registered to vote in public elections. The open (edited) register is an extract of electoral register but is not used for public elections. It can be bought by any person, company or organisation.
You can remove your name from the open (edited) register by one of the following methods;
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online form. You must include your name and address or elector number as we cannot complete your request without these details.
- contact Customer Services
- Write to Electoral Services
Wyre Forest District Council
Wyre Forest House
You can only remove your own details form the open (edited) register. Each individual elector will need to separately request the removal of their own details.
Postal and proxy voting
You will receive a Household Enquiry Form (HEF) every year between August and November even if you have already registered. Forms are being sent out now.
To confirm your details, amend or add/remove someone please return the form in the prepaid envelope. You can also change or confirm details online.
You can confirm only (not change details) via phone or text - details are on your letter.
Please note you will need the security codes to use the online or phone service. These can be found on page 1 and page 2 of the form.
If you experience any issues with online or phone response please send the completed form back in the prepaid envelope.
The purpose of this form is to confirm who lives at your address, it is not a registration form. It means that we can invite other residents, including any 16 or 17 year olds, to register to vote if we need to.