Complaint Against A Councillor - Local Code of Conduct

If you want to complain about the conduct of a Member of Wyre Forest District Council or a Member of one of the parish or town councils in the district, you can

The council can only deal with complaints about the behaviour of a Member. It will not deal with complaints about things that are not covered by the Members’ Code of Conduct. If you make a complaint it must be about why you think a member has not followed the Code of Conduct.

Arrangements for dealing with standards allegations under the Localism Act 2011

Will I be kept informed?

Once you have made a complaint, you will be told in writing what will happen to it and kept informed throughout the process.

What will happen to my complaint?

If the council’s Monitoring Officer (the Solicitor to the Council) decides that the Standards Committee should deal with your complaint, it will be referred to a hearings panel. Below is a list of sanctions which the hearings panel can apply:

  • No action
  • Mediation
  • Training
  • Apology
  • Some other action