What is in the Constitution?
- The rules setting out how this council operates.
- The rules of the Cabinet and other committees.
- The policy framework of the Council.
What is its purpose?
- To enable the Council to provide clear leadership to the community in partnership with citizens, businesses and other organisations.
- To support the active involvement of citizens in the process of local authority decision-making.
- To help councillors represent their constituents more effectively.
- To enable decisions to be taken efficiently and effectively.
- To create a powerful and effective means of holding decision-makers to public account.
- To ensure that no one will review or scrutinise a decision in which they were directly involved.
- To ensure that those responsible for decision-making are clearly identifiable to local people and that they explain the reasons for decisions and provide a means of improving the delivery of services to the community.
Articles of the Constitution
NB Section 6 has been deleted from the constitution
- 01 The Constitution
- 02 Articles Of The Constitution
- 03 Responsibility for Functions Cabinet Members
- 04 Responsibility for Functions
- 05 Terms of Reference
- 07 Council Procedure Rules
- 08 Access To Information Rules
- 09 Budget Policy Framework Procedure Rules
- 10 Procedure Rules for Scrutiny Committees
- 11 Financial Regulations
- 12 Contract Procedure Rules
- 13 Employment Procedure Rules
- 14 Members Code Of Conduct
- 15 Employee Code of Conduct
- 16 Member Officer Protocol
- 17 Members Allowance Scheme V10
- 18 Management Structure
- 19 Statutory Appointments Designations
- 20 Code Of Practice Local Authority Publicity
- 21 Petitions scheme v21