Too Much For Your Bin or Need Help?

For more information and tips on reduce and reuse please visit Worcestershire County Council's new waste prevention website Let's Waste Less

If you have an occasional excess of rubbish or recycling you can take it to one of the household recycling sites (tips) or one of the recycling banks in the district.

If you often have too much recycling for one green bin you can order a second (or even third!) bin, free of charge, by completing a form below or by calling The Hub on 01562 732928. Alternatively, for occasional excess recycling reusable bags can be collected from any of our Hub locations.

Medical Waste

Medical hygiene waste is produced by a non-infectious person and includes:

  • Human waste (faeces), incontinence pads, nappies, sanitary waste, nasal secretions, sputum, urine, vomit & soiled human bedding from a non-infectious source.
  • Medical items of disposable equipment such as gowns, plaster casts etc.

Clinical,  medicinal,  hazardous or infectious wastes or sharp items such as needles  cannot  be put in the medical hygiene waste bin. Please  note:  liquid hygiene  waste  cannot  be sent  for disposal to landfill but  should  be disposed of through  the normal sewage system.

The medical hygiene waste bin is collected fortnightly alongside  your normal rubbish bin for disposal by incineration at EnviRecover Energy from Waste facility.

It is recommended that all medical hygiene waste products are double-bagged and tied before placing in the bin.

You can complete the form below or request one from Operational Services on 01562 732528. You will be asked to sign to confirm your need for medical hygiene waste removal. A bin will be issued to your property which should only be used for medical hygiene waste and not for normal household waste.

Cardboard and rigid plastic packaging can be recycled through your green wheelie bin. Full details of what can be recycled can be found on our What goes in which bin webpage.

More information on recycling Nutricia plastics is available on the Nutricia website.

We are unable to recycle PVC and Polystyrene; these should be put in black rubbish bin. Giving sets and feeding tubes can be put in the medical waste bin provided.

If you require an additional green recycling bin this can be ordered at the same time as your medical bin.

Nappy Collection Service

If you have children under 3 in nappies you can subscribe to our nappy collection service. You will get an additional waste bin for nappies collected with your normal household rubbish. The cost of this service is £80 for 3 years (or until the child is 3).

Pull out service (special collection point)

If you are unable to put your bins out for collection due to disability or infirmity and do not have anyone living in the house who can move the bins for you we are able to offer a pull out service where we will collect and return the bins to an agreed point.

To request an additional recycling bin, a nappy or medical bin or pull out service please complete the application form below.

Rubbish and Recycling

Rubbish and Recycling - additional needs

We will not collect the additional bin if general waste is included. The bin remains the property of Wyre Forest District Council and we reserve the right to review, amend or withdraw the service as or when necessary.
By submitting this form you confirm that the information provided is true and correct. Should your circumstances change it is your responsibility to inform us.