Local authority pledge on community led housing
We, Wyre Forest District Council, commit to undertake the following...
- Write and implement a community led housing policy ensuring community led housing becomes part of our strategic housing responsibility
- Work with our local communities to introduce the concept of community led housing
- Support our town and parish councils by working collaboratively with them and share information and practical advice about community led housing and what it can offer
- Develop a grant application and assessment process to enable access to funds for feasibility studies to support the development of community led housing at the earliest stage
- Develop a Wyre Forest district community led housing resource that includes professionals who can offer services ranging from social investment banks and building societies, solicitors, architects and land survey companies
- Use our existing relations with registered providers to support the development of community led housing initiatives
- Create relevant website content so that communities in our district can find out about community led housing and be invited to get involved and register their interest locally
- Develop a communications plan to promote community led housing
- Maintain our self-build / custom-build register and bring together some of the individuals and groups with a shared vision, including those who have expressed an interest in co-housing
- A commitment to fast-track advice and support from within the council’s Strategic Housing, Development Managment and Planning departments in order to support community led proposals.
Community led housing champions
We have identified the following champions for community led housing who have the power to implement across departments:
Cllr Nicky Martin - Cabinet Member for Housing, Health, Wellbeing, and Democractic Services
Kate Bailey - Head of Strategic Growth, Wyre Forest District Council