A-Z of Services


As a registered childminder, you may be able to claim help towards your rent and/or council tax.

You would be treated as self employed and any Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction Scheme would only be calculated on approximately one third of your earnings.

However, we would include any other income you or your partner may have in the calculation.

If you require any further information contact us:

By Post to:
Benefits Section
PO Box 5202
DY10 2TE

By Phone:
01562 732928

In Person:
Worcestershire Hub
Town Hall
Vicar Street

By Email:

This information is for guidance only. It does not cover all the rules for all the benefits for every situation, nor does it provide a full interpretation of the rules. It should not be treated as a complete and authoritative statement of the law.